Company Name Change Service
You can change the name of your limited company at any time after incorporation. 1st Formations provides a professional service to change your company name on your behalf. This can usually be done within 3 working days, subject to Companies House workload.
We will prepare and file the NM01 form at Companies House, and also provide all related documents such as a resolution, minutes and certificate of name change.
The cost of our Company Name Change Service is £39.99 plus VAT.
What is included in our price?
- Companies House fee
- Completion and filing of the NM01 form, which is used to notify Companies House of a change of name
- Minutes - The directors should pass minutes to change company name and file the Minutes in their company records
- Resolution - Existing shareholders must agree to change the name of the company by signing a special resolution
- Digital Certificate of Name Change
Change your company name
Click ‘Order’ and complete the application form with details of the company name you wish to change.
How it works:
- Click on the ‘Order’ button.
- Enter the required details and proceed to checkout.
- You will receive digital documents in 1-2 working days by email, including the meeting minutes and the special resolution.
- You will need to sign the documentation and post the special resolution to Companies House.
- We will file the request for a company name change electronically, and the name change should be approved within 1-2 working days (however, this is dependent on Companies House workload and may take longer).
- You will then receive a Certificate of Name Change by email.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take to change my company name?
It usually takes around 3-4 working days in total to change a company name on the Companies House register. We will send you digital documents to sign within 1-2 working days, by email. Once you have confirmed to us that the documents have been signed, it will take 1-2 working days for your company name to change with Companies House. We will then send your documentation to you by email on the same day the company name is changed.
Will my company registration number change if I change my company name?
No. This will remain the same
How do I correct a spelling mistake in my company name?
If you simply made a spelling mistake when you registered your company name, you will be required to process a change of company name order to correct the mistake.
Can I change the ‘Limited’ part of my company name to ‘plc’ using the name change service?
No. This change requires you to re-register your private limited company to a plc using form RR01. For further reading click here.
I want to use a sensitive word in my new company name, what do I need to provide?
You will need to provide supporting evidence or a letter of non-objection from the relevant authority to support your application. Please forward this documentation to us by email at your earliest convenience.
When a sensitive word is included in the new company name, we will be required to order your company name change by post, and the whole process will take between 5 to 10 working days.
Will I receive a new certificate of incorporation and company documents?
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.
In many respects, the memorandum becomes a document of historical significance, through the passage of time.