Company Dissolution

What is dissolution?

When a company is no longer required, the company directors can apply to strike off the company, which will remove it from the Companies House register. This process is called voluntary dissolution – otherwise known as closing the company, striking it off or winding it up.

What is included in our price?

  • Companies House fee of £10.00
  • Completion and filing of the DS01 form (the application to strike off a company)
  • Minutes – the directors should pass minutes of a meeting to dissolve the company. These minutes should be recorded and held in the company files and be available for inspection by any director (as required by Companies Act 2006 s. 248).

How it works

  • Click on the ‘Order’ icon.
  • Enter the required details and proceed to checkout.
  • You will receive documents by email within 2-3 working days.
  • You must sign these documents and return to us by post.
  • We will file the documents at Companies House.

Please note:

  • *It is mandatory to have at least one director in order to prepare the dissolution form.
  • *Updated Statutory Registers are not included
  • *Printed documents are not included, but are available for an additional fee.

Dissolve your Company

Click ‘Order’ and complete the application form with details of the company formation you wish to dissolve.

£49.99 +VAT

Frequently asked questions

Is there anything else to pay?

No. The cost of this service includes the Companies House filing fee of £10.00.

How long it takes to dissolve the company?

It usually takes 3 months; however, it can sometimes take up to 6 months to strike off a company.

Who can apply to have a company struck off?

The DS01 form must be signed and dated by:

  • The sole director, if there is only one;
  • Both directors, if there are two; or
  • All directors, or the majority of directors, if there are more than two.

Under what circumstances can a company not apply for voluntary dissolution?

A company cannot apply for voluntary strike off under the following circumstances:

  • It has traded or sold stock in the last 3 months.
  • It has changed its name in the last 3 months.
  • It is the subject of legal proceedings against it.
  • It is threatened with liquidation.
  • It has entered into a credit agreement (eg. CVA).

Who should I inform about company dissolution?

Within 7 days, you must inform:

  • The shareholders
  • Creditors, such as:
    • Banks
    • Suppliers
    • Landlords or tenants
    • Guarantors
    • HMRC and Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
  • Employees
  • Managers (or trustees) of any employee pension fund
  • Any directors who have not signed the form

What happens once the DS01 form has been submitted to Companies House?

You will be notified by Companies House once your application form is received, and then again once the company is dissolved.

Should I close my company’s business bank account?

Yes, you should close your company’s bank account before you apply. From the date a company is dissolved, its bank account will be frozen and any money in the account will pass to the Crown. All assets of a dissolved company will also become the property of the Crown.