Register for VAT with HMRC
We will prepare and submit your VAT registration application to HMRC, and send you confirmation of your VAT Registration Number by email once your application has been successful. HMRC usually supply the Certificate of VAT Registration by post, within 20 to 30 days.
VAT is charged on most of goods and services provided by VAT-registered businesses in the UK, who are able to reclaim VAT paid on the goods and services they buy.
Any company that is trading can register for VAT, even if their turnover is less than the VAT threshold of £85,000. Most companies register for VAT on a voluntary basis as this provides the perception of being established with a large turnover.
The cost of our VAT Registration Service is £39.99 +VAT.
What is included in our price?
- Preparation and submission of your VAT registration application to HMRC by a VAT application expert
- Access to a VAT registration expert to answer questions you may have
- Confirmation of your VAT Registration Number, sent to you by email
- Instructions on how to create your own HMRC Government Gateway account to activate your VAT registration online, sent to you by email
How it works:
- Click on the 'Buy Now' button
- Enter the required details and proceed to checkout
- You will receive an email containing a link to complete our online VAT questionnaire
- Complete the VAT questionnaire online
- We will submit your VAT application to HMRC, and within 5-7 working days they will email you a 15-character application reference code
- Within the next 21 days, we will email your VAT Registration Number to you, with instructions on how to activate your VAT registration online with HMRC
- HMRC will send your Certificate of VAT Registration to you by post
Frequently asked questions
Does my company have to register for VAT?
A limited company is required to register for VAT when its taxable turnover for the previous 12 months exceeds £85,000, or is expected to exceed this figure in the next 30 days.
Can my company voluntarily register for VAT?
Yes. As long as your company is not listed as dormant, it can voluntarily register for VAT. Most companies register for VAT voluntarily, as VAT-registered companies are perceived to be larger than ones who are not.
VAT-registered companies are also able to reclaim VAT paid on goods and services they buy, saving them money in tax payments.
How long will it take for my company to be registered for VAT?
It usually takes around 20 - 30 days for your company to be registered for VAT.
We will send your VAT Registration Number to you by email as soon as we receive it and HMRC will send your Certificate of VAT Registration by post shortly thereafter.
I am a sole trader, can I use this service?
This service is only for use by limited companies registering for VAT.
Do I need to provide any specific information to apply for VAT?
If you are a UK resident director, you will need to provide your National Insurance number. If you are non-UK resident director, you will need to provide one piece of photographic ID (either a passport or driving licence) and two pieces of secondary evidence from the following list:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Utility bill dated within the last 3 months
Can I use your Covent Garden address for the principal place of business address?
Your principal place of business address is the address your company does the majority of its work from. It must be based in the UK and it cannot be listed our address, as your company will not carry out the majority of its work from our address.
How long does it take to get my EORI Number if I apply for it during my VAT registration application?
The EORI Number will be sent by email to you directly from HMRC, a few days after your VAT Registration Number has been sent to you. You should therefore receive your EORI Number about 35 days after you place your order.