Register for VAT online with HMRC
Do you wish to register your company for VAT, but are feeling daunted by the task? Let one of our experts prepare and submit your application to HMRC for you.
It doesn’t matter if you must register because your turnover exceeds the £85,000 VAT threshold, or if you want to register voluntarily to give the impression of a solid, well-established business – either way, we can help.
With this service, we’ll take care of preparing the VAT registration documents and submitting them to HMRC on your behalf. As soon as your application has been approved by HMRC, you will be sent your VAT Registration Number by post.
The cost of this service is £39.99 +VAT.
What is included?
- Your VAT registration prepared by our team and submitted to HMRC
- A VAT expert to assist you with any questions regarding your application
- Your VAT Registration Number and Certificate of VAT Registration, sent to you by post by HMRC
- Comprehensive guidance on how to open your HMRC Government Gateway account
How it works:
- Select 'Buy Now'
- Provide the necessary information and proceed to checkout
- We will email you a link to our digital VAT questionnaire
- Complete and submit the questionnaire
- Using the information provided, an expert will prepare and submit your VAT application
- HMRC will email you your application reference code within 5-7 working days
- Once successfully processed by HMRC, your VAT Registration Number and Certificate of VAT Registration will be sent to you by post to your principal place of business by HMRC
Frequently asked questions
What is the VAT threshold?
The VAT registration threshold is £85,000. If your company’s taxable turnover exceeds this amount for the past 12 months, or is expected to exceed that amount in the next 30 days, you must register for VAT.
Why would I register for VAT voluntarily?
Voluntary VAT registration has a number of benefits. It helps businesses project professionalism and scale, plus by registering for VAT, a business can save money by reclaiming VAT paid on goods.
How long does the VAT registration process take?
Based on HMRC’s workload and the information supplied in the VAT questionnaire, the time taken to approve new VAT registrations can vary significantly.
UK VAT registration typically takes 30-40 days, however, it can often take longer. Once HMRC approves your application, you will receive your VAT Certificate and Registration Number.
Does this service work for sole traders?
Unfortunately no, this service is only available to limited companies.
What identification documentation do I need to provide when becoming VAT registered?
Company directors based in the UK must provide their National Insurance number. Company directors based outside of the UK will need to provide photographic ID (such as a passport or driving license) as well as two of the following:
- Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
Can I use 1st Formations’ address as my principal place of business address?
No, this should be the location where your business carries out the majority of its work.
When do I get my EORI Number if I’m also applying for it during my application?
The EORI Number should be with you a few days after your VAT Registration Number.