Reserve a Company Name
- We will register your desired company name at Companies House and look after the company’s filings on your behalf.
- We will protect your privacy by providing a Central London company address.
- No one else will be able to use your chosen name to register a company.
Consider this if…
You would simply like to register a company name for future use or protect the name you are currently trading under as a sole trader or partnership.
What Happens Next…
- After selecting the 'order' button, you will be asked to choose a company name using our company name search feature.
- Once you have selected a suitable name, proceed to checkout and pay for the package.
- You will now be asked to complete the company details section, e.g. providing the director/shareholder's details. This should only take 5 minutes.
- We will then send your application to Companies House and your new company should be approved within 3 to 6 working hours.
- Your digital company documents will be sent to you by email, including your certificate of incorporation.
- We will provide you with a letter, which you should send to HMRC, informing them of the dormant status of your company.
- At the appropriate time we will prepare and file your annual dormant company accounts and confirmation statement.
- A New Limited Company with your Chosen Name
- 3 to 6 Hour Online Formation (Subject to Companies House workload)
- Companies House £10 Filing Fee Included
- Email Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Email Copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Email Copy of Share Certificate(s)
- Email Copy of Company Register with First Entries
- Letter to HMRC Providing Notification of Dormant Status
- Registered Office Address, Covent Garden, London WC2
- A Service Address (for 1 person), Covent Garden, London WC2
- Confirmation Statement Service
- Dormant Company Accounts Service
- Legal Contracts and Notices Pack
- Free Online Company Manager to Maintain your Companies
- Free Online & Telephone Support for the Life of your Company
- Maintain Statutory Books
- Free .com or .co.uk Domain Name
The package will maintain your company's statutory filing obligations and provide address services for one year.
If you wish us to continue to file your confirmation statement and dormant accounts, and use our address services, you can renew annually at our standard prices.
What our customers say
Frequently asked questions
Why should I choose this package?
This package allows you to reserve a company name, so that no one else can register it at Companies House.
It is ideal if you are currently trading under a name as a sole trader or partnership and you want to protect it, or you may be working on a project and would like to reserve a name to use at a later date.
Why do I need to form a limited company?
If you want to reserve a company name, you will have to register a new company at Companies House.
It is not possible to simply reserve a company name for future use. However, once the company is incorporated, we will maintain it for you in a dormant state (i.e. non-trading) and take care of your statutory filing and reporting obligations.
Do I need to inform HMRC that my new limited company is not trading?
Yes, as the director of the company, you will need to inform HMRC that the company is not trading, and you wish it to be classified as dormant for Corporation Tax purposes.
We will provide you with a letter to send to HMRC.
What do I need to provide to register a limited company?
Limited company formation is a very easy process. You will need at least one director and one shareholder (these roles can be filled by the same individual), and at least one issued share per shareholder.
No documents or signatures are needed. Simply take 5 minutes to fill in our online form. Your company should then be ready within 3 to 6 working hours.
What are dormant company accounts?
When a company has not traded or has had 'no significant accounting transactions' during its financial year, it is considered dormant and only requires to file simplified annual accounts, known as 'dormant company accounts'.
As part of this package we will prepare and file your first set of dormant accounts.
Why would I need the Legal Contracts & Notices Pack?
It is a unique addition to this package, and will save you a great deal of time and money in the future when you are ready to start trading.
Your business will need sales agreements, employee contracts, webite policies and other complex but entirely necessary documents. Rather than paying a solicitor to draw these up, you can use our professional and customisable templates.
What happens if I want to start trading with the company?
If you wish to start using the company we have registered to reserve the company name, simply inform us and we will cancel the dormant accounts filing service.
You should also notify HMRC you have started trading within 3 months of starting any business activity.
Why do you supply address services with this package?
We include a registered office and directors service address to provide privacy to our customers who may not want their home address to appear on public record at Companies House.
Can I still trade as a sole trader after setting up a limited company?
Yes. By setting up a dormant limited company to reserve a name, it will have no impact on your current trading status as a sole trader.