Additional funding for undergraduate and postgraduate students
1st Formations is a leading UK company formation agent, offering comprehensive online company registration and company address services.
As part of our ongoing dedication to supporting new business, we are helping to fund the next generation of entrepreneurs. Our Scholarship provides additional funding for those who need it most, assisting budding entrepreneurs in accessing the education, skills and knowledge required to run their own business in the future.
What do you get?
Our Scholarship awards up to 5 successful applicants with a bursary of £500 ($750) each. The scholarship award is designed to help students with some of the additional costs involved in studying, such as the cost of course materials, textbooks and other living expenses.
Who is eligible?
1st Formations Business Scholarship is open to anyone currently in receipt of an offer from, or currently studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a recognised UK academic institution or a recognised US academic institution.
How to apply
We have made the application process for the Scholarship as simple as possible. All you need to do is send us an email including the following:
- A 500 word Supporting Statement, explaining one business idea you would like to pursue during or after your studies. This statement should also include the personal circumstances outlining why you need financial support.
- If you are an incoming student: A copy of your offer letter from your academic institution.
- If you are a current student: A letter of recommendation from a tutor or course co-ordinator. Please also include a contact email address or telephone number for your sponsor.*
- A note of recent grades/exam results from your current course.**
When is the closing date?
The closing date for applications for the 2023-24 1st Formations Business Scholarship is 31st January 2024.
We will contact and announce the successful candidates by 28th February 2024.
The scholarship will be awarded shortly thereafter.
How your application will be assessed
Applications for the Scholarship will be assessed on a number of different criteria:
- The quality of your 500 word Supporting Statement. This statement should explain one business idea you would like to pursue during or after your studies.
- Your circumstances and need for further financial support, as outlined in your Supporting Statement.
- The quality of your academic recommendation (if applicable) and grades provided.
BEng Computer Systems Engineering at University of Kent.
BSC Economics at
University of Essex.
BSC Business Analytics at
University College London.
BSc Molecular and Cell Biology at
University of California, Berkeley
MSc Chemical Engineering at
University of Bath.
MBA Management student at
University of St Andrews.
MSc Finance student at
BSc Financial Economics at
BA Fashion Management and Marketing at Southampton Solent University
BEng (Hons) in Electronics Engineering Degree at Birmingham City University.
BA (Hons) Business and Management at University of West England.
Illustration Animation BA(Hons) student at Kingston University.
Industrial Systems, Manufacturing and Management at University of Cambridge.
Accounting student of Accounting at
Business Management & Entrepreneurship
student at Nottingham Trent University.
Management MPhil student at
University of Cambridge.
Medicinal Chemistry student at
University of Edinburgh.
Management Studies student at
Nottingham Trent University.
Graduate student at
The Royal College of Music London.
- * We do not accept letters of recommendation from tutors or co-ordinators of past courses or overseas academic institutions. All letters must be from a representative of your current course at a UK or US academic institution.
- ** Grades and exam results must relate to your current course of study at a UK or US academic institution - we do not accept grades or exam results from past courses. Grades and exam results from overseas courses will only be accepted if they relate to studies undertaken as part of an exchange programme on your current course and are verified by the UK or US institution.