Additional funding for undergraduate and postgraduate students
1st Formations is a leading UK company formation agent, offering comprehensive online company registration and company address services.
As part of our ongoing dedication to supporting new business, we are helping to fund the next generation of entrepreneurs. Our Scholarship provides additional funding for those who need it most, assisting budding entrepreneurs in accessing the education, skills and knowledge required to run their own business in the future.
The 1st Formations Business Scholarship is available to anyone currently studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in an officially recognised UK academic institution or an officially recognised US academic institution and will provide additional funding to help develop the skills required to become a future industry leader.
What do you get?
Our Scholarship awards up to 10 successful applicants with a bursary of £600 ($800) each. The bursary is designed to help students with some of the additional costs involved in studying, such as the cost of course materials, textbooks and other living expenses.
Who is eligible?
1st Formations Business Scholarship is open to anyone currently studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a recognised UK academic institution or a recognised US academic institution. To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- A current student in a recognised UK academic institution or recognised US academic institution.
- Display a desire to run your own business.
- Demonstrate academic excellence by providing a letter of recommendation from a tutor or course co-ordinator.*
- You must not be a previous recipient of the 1st Formations Business Scholarship.
- Demonstrate personal circumstances which make you a suitable candidate for additional financial support.
How your application will be assessed
Applications for the Scholarship will be assessed on a number of different criteria:
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for studying and pursuing a career in business, as outlined in your 500 word statement.
- The quality of the academic recommendation and grades provided.
- Your circumstances and need for further financial support as outlined in your statement.
- To find out if your academic institution is accredited in the UK, click here
- To find out if your academic institution is accredited in the US, click here
When is the closing date?
The closing date for applications for the 2021-22 1st Formations Business Scholarship is 31st May 2022.
We will contact and announce the successful candidates by 30th June 2022.
The scholarship will be awarded shortly thereafter.
How to apply
We have made the application process for the Scholarship as simple as possible. All you need to do is send us an email including the following:
- A letter of recommendation from a tutor or course co-ordinator. Please also include a contact email address or telephone number for your sponsor.
- A note of recent grades/exam results from current course.**
- In 500 words or less, explain what makes you a good candidate for the Scholarship. Outline any circumstances which you feel may aid your application and detail how you would use the funds to assist in your studies if successful.
MSc Chemical Engineering at
University of Bath.
MBA Management student at
University of St Andrews.
MSc Finance student at
BSc Financial Economics at
BA Fashion Management and Marketing at
Southampton Solent University
BEng (Hons) in Electronics Engineering Degree at
Birmingham City University.
BA (Hons) Business and Management at
University of West England.
Illustration Animation BA(Hons) student at
Industrial Systems, Manufacturing and Management at University of Cambridge.
Accounting student of Accounting at
Business Management & Entrepreneurship
student at Nottingham Trent University.
Management MPhil student at
University of Cambridge.
Medicinal Chemistry student at
University of Edinburgh.
Management Studies student at
Nottingham Trent University.
Graduate student at
The Royal College of Music London.
- * We do not accept letters of recommendation from tutors or co-ordinators of past courses or overseas academic institutions. All letters must be from a representative of your current course at a UK or US academic institution.
- ** Grades and exam results must relate to your current course of study at a UK or US academic institution - we do not accept grades or exam results from past courses. Grades and exam results from overseas courses will only be accepted if they relate to studies undertaken as part of an exchange programme on your current course and are verified by the UK or US institution.