Appoint or remove a company director
Putting together the correct company documents when appointing or resigning a director is often overlooked and leaves companies at risk of being non-compliant.
With this service, we’ll file the necessary Companies House forms and take care of all of the other paperwork required to ensure your company records are in order.
The cost of this service is £29.99 +VAT per appointment or resignation.
How the service works:
- Select 'Buy Now', complete the order form, checkout, and pay.
- Our Team will prepare and electronically file the appointment/resignation documents with Companies House.
- We will email you as soon as the update has been made at Companies House (this will normally take 2-3 working days). You will also receive your VAT invoice and copies of the digital documents.
Frequently asked questions
What is included?
- Appointment or resignation letter
- Board resolution
- Submission to Companies House
What is the minimum number of directors a limited company can have?
One. Corporate appointments are also allowed, provided at least one natural person is appointed as a director as well.
Is a director the same as a shareholder?
No. The role of the directors is to run the company on a day-to-day basis, ensuring it meets its legal and contractual obligations. Shareholders own the company and appoint the directors. It is common for directors to also be shareholders, but this is not compulsory.
Can anyone be a director?
No. You can not be a director if you:
- Are under 16 years old
- Have been disqualified by a court from acting as a director
- Are an undischarged bankrupt
I’m not from the UK, can I still be a director?
Yes. You do not need to be a UK national or resident to be a director.
What details are needed to appoint a director?
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address
- Service Address (residential or other address)
- Appointment Date
What details are needed to resign a director?
- Full Name
- Resignation Date
How long will it take for my documents to be ready?
2-3 working days, as long as we have been given all the necessary information.