Appoint or remove a company director
We offer a professional service for clients who wish to appoint or resign directors, including the filing of the Companies House forms and all other paperwork necessary to keep your company records up-to-date and compliant.
Putting in place the relevant company secretarial documents with regards to director appointments and resignations is often overlooked and leaves companies at risk of being non-compliant. Using this service will ensure your company records are in order.
The cost of this service is £19.99 +VAT per appointment or resignation.
How it works:
- Select 'Buy Now', complete the order form, checkout, and pay.
- We will file the required form electronically with Companies House to appoint or resign a director.
- You will receive notification that the appointment or resignation has been approved at Companies House, a VAT invoice and a copy of your digital documents in 2-3 working days by email.
Frequently asked questions
What is included in our price?
- Appointment or resignation letter
- Board resolution
- Submission to Companies House
How many directors does a limited company require?
Every limited company must have at least one director. If a limited company has only one director, that director must be a natural person.
Are directors also shareholders?
Directors do not have to be shareholders. Their role is to run the company, so there is no requirement to also be an owner if they do not wish to be.
However, if existing shareholders do want to offer shares to the directors, this is perfectly acceptable and fairly common.
What is a company director’s role?
Directors are appointed by the owners of a company (shareholders or guarantors) to ‘direct’ the day-to-day activities of the company on their behalf.
They are responsible for ensuring the smooth running and management of a company by adhering to all legal and contractual obligations and making the company successful and profitable.
When will my documents be ready?
Documents will be sent to you by email in 2-3 working days, once all required information is provided.
What information do I need to provide to appoint a new director?
- Full Name
- Date of Birth (Minimum 16 years of age)
- Residential Address
- Service Address (residential or other address)
- Appointment Date
Who appoints a company director?
Limited company members can appoint or resign a director whilst setting up a limited company - or any time thereafter.