If you are forming a limited company with us, you may notice that your company’s status is showing as ‘Incomplete’. In this blog post, we’re going to look at what this means, and what you need to do to get it updated to ‘Complete’.
Our 4 step company formation process
Completing a company incorporation with us can be broken down into 4 steps:
- Choose your company name
- Pick your company formation package
- Make payment
- Fill out your company details
If your company’s status is showing ‘Incomplete’, you have not started or finished step 4 in this process.
Starting and finishing your incorporation
Once payment has been made, you are automatically directed to the start of the application. From here, you have a few options:
- Provide all the necessary information and send your application to Companies House. It’s normally accepted within 3-6 working hours. Your company status will then eventually be updated to ‘Complete’.
- Start providing the necessary information, but stop whenever you want (any completed sections will be saved). Perhaps you don’t have all the information to hand or you simply need to do something else. Your company status will remain ‘Incomplete’ until you revisit and finish the process.
- Drop out straight after payment and come back to the application at a time convenient for you. Again, your company status will remain ‘Incomplete’ until you revisit and finish.
If you do opt for the latter two of these options, you can pick up where you left off by logging in to your account and clicking on your company name.
Please note that the company isn’t formed (and name isn’t reserved) until your application has been sent to Companies House and accepted. We will email you as soon as this happens.
Thanks for reading
We hope you have found this post helpful. Please leave a comment if you have any questions about this or company formations in general.